Whether this is through the use of spray out cards, paint manager or swatches, the ability to match colour is important when increasing through-put and achieving ‘right first time’ every time.
PPG’s experienced technical team has created these simple steps when helping to achieve the best possible colour matching. Use a clean, soft cloth and fine compound to clean an area next to the panel that is being painted. Ideally use a mini polisher, particularly when using Rapid Match.
– Use a clean, soft cloth and fine compound to clean an area next to the panel that is being painted.
Always check colours in natural daylight. Identifying colours under, for example, fluorescent lights or sodium lights may lead to an unacceptable match.
– Locate the manufacturer’s VIN plate and find the correct colour code.
– Use and complete a test / sprayout card prior to applying wet product to the vehicle.
– If you are ever unsure on a colour match, always get a second opinion to ensure ‘right first time’ results.
– TIP: Keep all sprayout cards as a reference library. These will help you in the future to save time and money whilst avoiding any unnecessary waste of paint.
– Check colours as soon as possible. Checking colour just prior to painting can lead to poor utilisation of a booth.
Following these simple steps will consistently insure a productive and successful paint job.
For more top tips on colour matching drop by the PPG stand at the Auto Trade EXPO, at Citywest Exhibition Centre, Dublin, October 22-23.